Friday, September 26, 2008

Hooters, New York, N.Y.

hooters
Ian needs to smile more and show more teeth.....
he looks a bit too determined to be standing outside a place like this


Just off Times Square near Broadway is another of those awful Hooters restaurant stores. Ian likes to go because he thinks the chicken strips/fingers are good. Robert gives me that excuse, too, though he claims it's because of the chicken wings (my ex David said this, too). I don't know why they think this. They've all made me go to the chain, and I've yet to be impressed by either the food or service.

Ian and I went to the Times Square place and had a surly waitress. I found the chicken strips to be overcooked. Ian was disappointed because this particular store does not offer the full range of sauces he's used to eating at other stores. We got a dozen strips to split, plus I got the tiniest little styrofoam cup of mediocre and bland potato salad and Ian got a small but expensive serving of curly fries.

chickenstrips


The one thing I can say about the Times Square Hooters store is that they are by far the most expensive and most limited Hooters I've ever experienced. In their defense, though, unlike many of their fellow New York restauranteurs, I will point out that they offer free soft drink refills. That's a given in the rest of the country, but rather rare in NYC.

It does me no good to "review" these places, since obviously their patrons have non-culinary interests and they seem not to care about my opinions. And I've yet to see any owls.

No comments: