Saturday, April 14, 2007

IHOP, Arlington, Va.

sauces


One little entree I ordered tonight, and I got five sauces! I ordered a seafood sampler platter with baked fish, fried fish, fried shrimp, and French fries, for which I was provided hollandaise sauce, tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, and ketchup.....plus, there was a salad dressing/sauce for the included side salad.

Ian, of course, didn't have nearly the saucy adventure I had, since he ordered his standard IHOPian chicken fingers dinner with a honey mustard sauce he never uses and a Caesar salad with dressing on the side he never uses, so all he got to use was a little tomato ketchup for his fries. Oh, he had another one of those fried banana cheesecakes with ice cream, whipped cream, and caramel sauce, so I guess he got *two* sauces tonight.

Robert didn't get to join in on any of our fun. He ordered the Rooty Tooty Fast and Fruity breakfast, or whatever they call it. It was just a couple of pieces of bacon, a couple of sausages, a couple of fried eggs, and a couple of pancakes, and not a sauce in sight.

No comments: