Saturday, April 14, 2007

Faculty Club, Georgetown, D.C.

Yesterday, my assistant Matt and I were on the main campus so I took him to the Faculty Club for lunch. The club is okay. They only do breakfast and lunch, then brunch on weekends, and they do have a full bar, but the food is all buffet (yet well prepared), so it's not really my favorite place to go.

We both started with salads from the large salad bar selection that included a number of more costly items like artichokes, hearts of palm, feta cheese, and a big selection of fresh berries and fruit. The entree selections included a baked fish, a Mexican chicken (looked like baked quarters), some delicious pork tenderloin with a red onion compote that I had, and the pasta station (complete with cook to prepare pasta to order) was featuring linguine with a red clam sauce that Matt had (I think he had pork, too). There was a large selection of vegetables; I had the peas with pearl onions and the sauteed cubes of turnip. The dessert bar had cheesecake, carrot cake, coconut cream cake, lemon cake, chocolate cake, bread pudding, a light red whipped mousse-looking substance in oversized martini glasses, and that big selection of fresh fruit on the salad bar (I had raspberries).

No comments: