Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Don Lobos Mexican Grill, Georgetown, D.C.

Last night Ian wanted Mexican food. Nothing would sway his opinion. So, after reviewing a number of accessible Mexican restaurant possibilities, he picked Don Lobos Mexican Grill in east Georgetown.

Ian chose the chicken burrito for his dinner. He made the kitchen hold the sour cream, guacamole, and red sauce....he wouldn't even let them bring me his guacamole.....and he ordered an extra side of refried beans, plus more rice.

chickenburrito

I had the enchiladas Suiza, which were some delightful chicken enchiladas covered in a green tomatillo sauce. The rice and beans I thought were rather mediocre last night.

enchiladassuiza


For dessert, Ian had (and I sampled enough to say I "shared") a fried ice cream. At Don Lobos, they roll their ice cream in corn flakes before refreezing and then deep frying them, and they are served with a heavy drizzling of honey.

friedicecream

No comments: