Friday, January 14, 2005

Miccosukkee Gaming Center Restaurant, Miami, FL

For dinner tonight, I went to the Miccosukkee Gaming Center and Resort, out on the western edge of Miami. I won enough to be about $50 ahead of what I brought in, so I decided to celebrate and eat at their restaurant. The restaurant is on an elevated platform in the middle of the gaming area, so it's a little noisy, plus, they have a live pianist playing (or attempting thereof--I wanted to have him put out of his misery!). The waiters are all formally attired with the management in Miccosukkee/Seminole patchwork jackets and they have white cloths on the tables. My waiter was another of those people who seemed to struggle with English, but we managed to get the order straight.

My starter was the Italian wedding soup, which was a quite tasty bowl full of pieces of Italian sausage, vegetables, and lots of little round, barley-sized pasta. Next I had steak and lobster, with a palm sized piece of sirloin, medium rare, and a modest lobster tail with drawn butter, both resting on a large bed of al dente steamed green beans almondine. The plate was garnished with a deep rose sauce I never quite figured out, since it had no real discernable taste. I thought maybe it was a sauce made from lobster roe, but it would have had a lobster taste, so I'm not really sure what it was. For dessert, I ended up with a key lime pie, which actually quite good, largely because it was made with a pie dough crust, rather than graham cracker, and it was a very big piece!

The best part of dinner was the price--they were having a special tonight on the steak and lobster, so my whole dinner was only $13.95!

No comments: