Monday, May 11, 2009

Tastee Diner, Silver Spring, Md.

Happy Mothers' Day to all the mothers on my readership list.

I just got in from Tastee Diner and a midnight Mothers' Day dinner of roast prime rib for only $14.95, and it was actually a decent meal. Came with collard greens and mashed potatoes with gravy. To answer my friend Justin's question, no, I'm not a mother (obviously), but we celebrate every holiday and use them as an excuse to go out to eat. :-)

Earlier today Robert, Spencer, and I made a Costco run to College Park. Afterwards, we popped into a KFC to grab a quick late lunch. There were two tables of adult families in the KFC celebrating Mothers' Day, complete with corsages and "dress up" clothing; it made me melancholy to think that some people could only afford to take their mother to a fast food restaurant for Mothers' Day. I'm thankful that my family isn't that financially strapped, especially during this national recession/depression.

No comments: