Monday, October 06, 2008

Sushi Aoi, Washington, D.C.

My friend Brian took me to lunch the other day at Sushi Aoi near the Washington Convention Center. I've been by the place innumerable times, but this was the first time I'd ever been inside to eat. It was fun.

Now, Sushi Aoi is a full-service sushi bar, and everything looked fresh and nice, but we both ended up ordering the very same bento box luncheon special, the pork syogayaki. The syogayaki is a large serving of thinly sliced pork lightly grilled then tossed in a sweet ginger sauce and served topped with cooked onions. Our bento boxes also included a California sushi roll, gzozas (vegetable dumplings), and a little iceberg lettuce salad, plus steamed white rice garnished with black sesame seeds.

bentobox


The boxes came with miso soup to start. I had a hot green tea, and Brian had iced tea.

Here's Brian with his Kody Pose:

brian

No comments: