Monday, October 06, 2008

Smith & Wollensky, Washington, D.C.

Kevin and I went to lunch this past week at Smith & Wollensky, one of the top steakhouses in town. When we got there, though, neither of us ordered steak!

Kevin was feeling experimental and tried their chili shrimp flatbread, a sort of pizza made with a long rectangular piece of flatbread. It looked quite intriguing, but I don't think the spicy shrimp and avocado filled Kevin's saiety needs.

shrimpflatbread


I had the chicken chopped salad. It was quite good, though I thought it was rather too sweet.

chikchopsalad


Beforehand, Kevin had a bowl of their soup of the day, a nice bacon scented pea soup garnished with croutons.

peasoup
Afterwards, we split the sorbet, picking two scoops of pear and one of coconut. Kevin really liked the pear; I really liked the coconut.

sorbets

No comments: