Monday, July 07, 2008

Martin's Tavern, Georgetown, D.C.

It's Sunday. I was going to go to church this morning and even plotted out Metro routes (it's a new place, far away), but I slept through it. Then, I was going to go to the 5:30 tonight, but I kept getting phone calls and just didn't get showered and cleaned up in time. I had a dinner meeting in Georgetown and I was going to go to the 10 p.m. Mass at the chapel on campus, but we got done with dinner at eight, and I didn't want to hang around the campus for two hours with nothing to do, so I just went home. Eh. Such have been my weekends of late.

Speaking of dinner, I went to eat with Seth, one of my Chevalier Court officers, to Martin's Tavern in Georgetown, since it's near the store where he works. We're planning an event next month.

He got the "shrimp scampi" (I hate the redundancy of that phrase!). It was the standard Italian-style preparation with lemon and white wine; he liked it, but said it wasn't the best he'd had; he also noted that the shrimp were slightly overcooked. The dish came with steamed vegetables and some rice.

scampi

What with all the rain out, I was in the mood for something hearty, and picked the pot roast. It was delicious. The meat was very tender and flavorful, and came with a small amount of roasted potatoes, good brown gravy, and just a few bits of roasted carrot, onion, and celery. I would love another plate of it right now!

potroast

I was in the mood for some dessert, but there weren't any specials today, and the standard stuff just didn't inspire me. Seth didn't want any either. So, we just finished our business chats and went home out into the rainy night.

Oh, he posed for a Kody Pose:

seth

No comments: