Monday, March 10, 2008

Tastee Diner, Bethesda, Md.

Last night late, Ian took me to Tastee Diner up in Bethesda. We had the same waitress we had when he and I were there last September.

Ian started with a bowl of chicken rice soup. I say it was canned; Ian argues that it was made there. His main course was a grilled cheese sandwich with french fries. It was the same food he had last time (except I think maybe the soup was chicken noodle).

chickenrice
grilledcheese


I started off ordering the baked pork chops and stuffing daily special, but they were out, as it was late. The waitress suggested a turkey blue plate, so I ordered that. Then, she came back to report they were out of stuffing. So, I switched to the chicken-fried steak blue plate, with mashed potatoes and gravy and a side of sliced beets. It was goooooooooood.

chickenfriedsteak


For dessert, I had the bread pudding, and Ian got one, too. The bread pudding is very custardy and puffy; it was served with a big dose of whipped cream on top.

breadpudding

No comments: