Thursday, March 06, 2008

James Hoban's Irish Restaurant and Bar, Washington, D.C.

Last night Robert, Matt, Ian, and I met up after work at James Hoban's Irish Restaurant and Bar for their happy hour. They had $5 martinis (including weird things like cosmos and appletinis) plus $3 off their bar food menu items, so we got something to drink and had three kinds of hummus with pita bread wedges as an appetizer. St. Patrick was standing behind the bar wearing a plain mitre with a deep emerald green chasuble. While I usually drink Bushmill's, that's the "Protestant" Irish whiskey, so I decided to have some "Catholic" whiskey what with the bishop standing behind the bar. Ian wouldn't let me order the Jameson's, so I tried Red Breast. It was nice, very smooth, good flavor and all, but it was so sweet it reminded me an awfully lot of Canadian whiskeys. Meanwhile, Matt was drinking Blue Moon beers out of a Guinness mug.

matt

No comments: