Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thai Kingdom, Washington, D.C.

After Mass Sunday, Laurent and I had to go to Union Station to pick up his train ticket in anticipation of his holiday trip to his mother's house in Connecticut. We had lunch at Thai Kingdom.

We each started with chicken, mushroom, and onion soup, but Laurent had the tom yum gai version with a tomato and lemon grass broth and I had the tom ka gaiwith coconut milk broth. For our main courses, he had white pepper and garlic beef and I had the daily special, a fried fish in green curry sauce with steamed broccoli. My fish was excellent, though I think it was the hottest green curry I've had (usually the red curry is the hot). For dessert, I had the standard mango sticky rice. Laurent continued his multi-dessert trend, starting with the coconut custard and following it with the mango ice cream.

No comments: