Wednesday, November 21, 2007

La Madeleine, Fairfax, Va.

Saturday afternoon, Kevin and I had to go to Fairfax to assist with a Masonic funeral for a late elderly brother of our lodge. After the ceremonies, we went to the La Madeleine near Tyson's Corner Galleria for a late lunch.

La Madeleine is a Dallas-based chain on the French theme with four or five dozen stores nationwide, sort of a step above fast food, but with a sort of cafeteria line means of ordering food.

Kevin ordered the beef pesto croissant, a huge sandwich served with a bow-tie pasta salad. I almost forgot to photograph it, so in the picture, he'd already eaten half the salad and half of the sandwich. He also got a potato galette (a big, fried potato cake) and a very pretty mixed fruit tart.

beefcroissant
galettefruittart


I had a very nice "turkey sampler" with a large slice of turkey breast covered in white mushroom cream sauce (delicious!) accompanied by some dressing and green beans "almondine" (of all the places to misspell amondine, it's in a "French" restaurant! LOL).

turkey


I like La Madeleine. I'd go to their stores a whole lot more often if I didn't have to order from a cafeteria line.

No comments: