Friday, March 30, 2007

Silver Diner, Arlington, Va.

Even though I was well fed yesterday, Ian called and wanted to come down to Clarendon for dinner. So, I acquiesced; we went to Silver Diner.

Ian ordered their chicken tenders platter. It came with fries and a little bowl of cole slaw on the platter, preceded by a salad or soup (he chose a Caesar salad). I got the country fried steak with mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and a drop biscuit, preceded by a mixed green salad. My steak was okay. They used two different kinds of gravy, a cream sausage gravy on the meat and some kind of beef vegetable sauce on the mashed potatoes (next time I'll ask for the cream gravy over all).

For dessert, Ian had an enormous piece of multi-layer, moist, dark, chocolate chip studded, chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. I didn't even get to sample a piece!

We had the same waiter who tended to Ryan, Brian, Riley, and me last week.

Ian took pictures with his cell phone. He still hasn't uploaded them. Wanna see the pictures? Call or write Ian and demand that he upload the pics *NOW*!!! :-)

No comments: