Thursday, February 08, 2007

Meiwah Restaurant, Washington, D.C.

After the symphony tonight, Max, Robert, Ryan and I all went to Meiwah Restaurant for a spot of Chinese food. Our friend Bill Cosby was in town again today and we ran into him there. Robert had never met him before, so we had to take some pictures of Bill with the kids. ;-)

We started our supper with a shared appetizer, a hot, spicy Squid in Seasoned Salt. I thought the lightly battered and deep fried pieces of squid were tender and quite good, though I noticed the other three guys weren't eating them with as much enthusiasm as was I. Oh, well, all the more for me.

For main courses, Max had moo shu pork, Ryan had sweet and sour chicken, Robert had shredded beef with peppers (which looked to me like it should have been called beef with scallions!), and I had Hunan lamb. My dish had very tender, flavorful slices of lamb tossed with an assortment of vegetables in a light brown sauce.

I was drinking heavily and had *two* pots of jasmine tea. Meanwhile, the other guys had two glasses each of wine, Max with chardonnay, Ryan riesling, and Robert sauvignon blanc.

We had a fun waitress from Shanghai, China, who was having her very first day of work! We, of course, had to chat her up to get her story. She's a graduate student at Strayer, and recently moved here from Canada.

Gotta get up early tomorrow, so that's the Thursday evening food report.

robertbill

ryanbill

No comments: