Friday, November 17, 2006

La Crêperie, Arlington, Va.

Leo came home from work Wednesday night and wanted to go to shopping, so, off we went to Pentagon City. We had dinner at La Crêperie in Pentagon Row, and I found the usually good eaterie rather disappointing.

I had the hanger steak and fries. The fries were good. The hanger steak, however, was three little, thin, chewy slices of beef in a wine-spiked brown sauce. There was also a mound of frozen mixed vegetables on the plate, some of the lima beans suffering from freezer burn.

Leo had the sole in mustard sauce with the same fries as frozen vegetables I had. The "sole" looked more like a fillet of flounder meuniere to me, and Leo wasn't impressed with it at all. For dessert, he had a crêpe au miel et chocolat, a large French pancake folded in half, drizzled with chocolate sauce and honey, then sprinkled with chopped almonds. I had one bite of it and it was good, though I thought the crêpe had a bit of an off-taste to it as though it had been pre-prepared and held, absorbing some odors along the way.

Not a good night for La Crêperie.

No comments: