Friday, May 12, 2006

Bistro Francais, Georgetown, D.C.

Last night Ian and I went out for a farewell dinner at Bistro Français in Georgetown, even though I'd already been to an early dinner at Asia Bistro. We were supposed to have gone someplace else at 10, but the baseball game the baseball addict was watching was interrupted by rain and it wasn't until 10:45 that they gave up and went home. By that time, our open-til-11 places weren't options anymore, and that's why we got stuck at Français again.

He had an omelette aux fines herbes et fromage avec pommes frites as usual, plus a chocolate mousse cake with vanilla ice cream. I started with a little bowl of cold gazpacho and then had a chef salad. I don't know why I keep ordering their gazpacho, since I don't really care for their version—-I like my vegetables to be finely diced instead of run through the food mill.

Today he's packing up and leaving the university for the summer and will be off to England, so now there won't be anybody around to drag me out to eat in the middle of the night.

No comments: