Friday, April 14, 2006

Bistro Français, Georgetown, D.C.

Why does everyone always call at midnight and want to go out to eat? I have always been a night owl and love late night dining, but D.C. just is not the city for this sort of thing. We end up going to the same handful of places over and over and over again, since no one else is open, public transportation has shut down, and we've no car for driving around all over the place. So, tonight when Kody called me tonight at midnight and wanted to go be social and have a little French food, what else could we do but walk in to downtown Georgetown and land at the old standby, Bistro Français?

Mind you, I like Bistro Francais, but I just wish we had more options for late night variety.

salad
omelette


Anyway, I had a tasty Tropiques salad with avocado, hearts of palm, and artichoke hearts with a remoulade type dressing. Kody had an omelette with fine herbs, Swiss cheese, and smoked salmon accompanied by French fries, and a glass of the house sauvignon blanc. Lovely, crusty, French rolls and butter were served alongside.

And, what would dinner out with be without his traditional liquor glass picture?

kody


I suppose I should go to bed. I hate going to bed when the sun is coming up.

No comments: