Monday, December 20, 2004

Juanita's, Jenks, OK

My friend Bill called me to come rescue him from the Wal-Mart in Sapulpa, where, for some inexplicable reason, he took his car for an oil change. We did lots of shopping in Sapulpa (there are outlet stores for both Frankoma Pottery and Barlett Glass), then he took me to lunch at a cute Mexican place in Jenks called Juanitas. The service was rather poor (high school girl with Jenks-style "attitude"), but the food was excellent. The omnipresent chips and salsa were good, with a nice smoky taste to the salsa, and I think I detected a bit of tomatillo. We ordered some guacamole, which had a great flavor to it, and was freshly made upon our order. For entrees, Bill had some kind of combination plate, and I had what they call a "Mexican kiss" I loved it! It kind of reminded me of a quesadilla, and was similarly constructed. It was a large, thick, flour tortilla with some yummy pulled pork, cooked onions, and cheese, plus herbs, in the middle, folded over into a half moon, then fried on both sides. The chicken flautas were also juicy and full of flavor.

No comments: