Monday, October 25, 2004

Fuji, Tulsa, OK

After class tonight, Tony and I were out driving around and he was hungry as usual, so we landed at Fuji, the local "good" Japanese restaurant and sushi bar. We munched on a big bowl of edamame (steamed and salted soybean pods), and Tony had some kind of mixed seafood salad, which he offered to let me taste, but he ate the whole thing before I could reach my little chopsticks across the table. We both got miso soup and a lettuce salad with the house sesame-soy dressing with our meals. Tony had a deluxe sashimi platter and I had sushi in a bowl, which is a lovely lidded lacquered Japanese bowl filled with sushi rice, then piled up with a trio assortment of Japanese pickles and rolled slices of seafood, including tuna, salmon, yellowtail, squid, octopus, and two sort of unidentified fishes. There was also plenty of gari (pickled ginger root) and wasabi (green Japanese horseradish). Tony was washing his dinner down with a big can of Sapporo beer, but I wasn't in an alcohol mood tonight. I always like going to Fuji, especially when somebody else is paying!

No comments: