Monday, May 26, 2008

Skybridge Restaurant and Bar, Chicago, Ill.

gyros

O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, being a particularly large airport, has a lot of food options, primarily "express" versions of national chains. They do, however, have a few local establishments, and I always try to search them out. On a recent trip through there, I discovered a sort of simple, non-flashy hamburger grill counter called the Skybridge Restaurant and Bar that also happened to have a number of Greek items on their menu. I ordered their gyros platter and got a more-than-ample serving of gyros meat (a beef and lamb blend) that was tasty and juicy, though a bit too salty for my preference, accompanied by a container of yogurt sauce, a little serving of iceberg lettuce salad, some French fries, and a pita-like piece of flatbread that was warm and particularly good. I'm not sure how authentically Greek the food is, since I noticed the wait- and cook-staff was communicating in Spanish.

No comments: