Monday, May 19, 2008

Rumberos, Washington, D.C.

I had every intention of going to the baccalaureate Mass at Georgetown yesterday morning. I woke to the steady pitter-patter of yet more rain, though, so I stayed home.

Eventually, though, I ended up braving the drizzle and going to brunch with next-door neighbor David to Rumberos in Tivoli Square.

David had the seafood soup and a small ensalada de pollo. The soup was beautiful and he commented that it was very good; it was packed with shrimp, squid, scallops, cilantro, and avocado in a rich, tomatoey broth.

seafoodsoup

The salad came pre-tossed in a mayonnaise-type dressing with little bits of pulled chicken scattered throughout.

chickensalad

I had the huevos con chorizito, or two fried eggs with little chorizo sausage. The chorizo was good, but it was tiny and I would have liked to have had two of them instead of just the one. Caramelized purple onions topped the sausage. The dish came with fried potatoes plus a mild pico de gallo, sour cream, and avocado slices.

huevoschoricito

No comments: