Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Thai Kingdom, Washington, D.C.

Sunday night, Leo and I went to Thai Kingdom downtown in the West End for dinner. I've not been there for nearly two years, and it's still a nice Thai restaurant.

Leo started with the shrimp cakes, three slices of a firm shrimp terrine breaded and deep fried and served with a spicy sweet and sour sauce. I thought they looked rather like hash browned potato cakes!

shrimpcake


I had plumming duck, a soup with duck and snow peas in a clear broth with a touch of plum flavor.

ducksoup


Kaeng phed ped yang supparot was Leo's main course, a red curry with duck and pineapple.

duckpineapple


I had the goong mor din, a tasty soup with shrimp, chilis, minced chicken, and vermicelli in a "hot pot." I think I was expecting more of a casserole hot pot than a soup, or I'd have chosen a different appetizer.

shrimpnoodle


For dessert, we both had mango sticky rice.

mangorice

No comments: