Sunday, December 31, 2006

Cantina Laredo, DFW Airport, Tex.

While making airline connections on my Christmas Day flight through DFW Airport in Dallas, I ate lunch at Cantina Laredo in concourse D of the airport. I was excited to be back in a part of the world where there is decent Mexican food!

I started with a great, freshly made guacamole served with freshly fried tortilla chips. It was so good, spicy and chunky, and way better than anything I'd been served in D.C.

guacamole


Next I had a chicken chimichanga. It was, alas, disappointing. The flavor was excellent. Unfortunately, though, the chimichanga had been prepared in advance (I don't know if this is normal proceedure or just for Christmas Day) and the kitchen had microwaved it to rewarm it. That meant the outside wasn't crispy and, even worse, the very center of the chimichanga was cold. When I was almost done with it, the waiter was by and I told him about the coldness; he offered to take it back to rewarm it, but at that point, I was nearly done. Surprisingly, I was offered neither a discount nor a free dessert or something in recompense. Such is airport food.

chimichanga

No comments: