Monday, December 18, 2006

Alamo Grill, Georgetown, D.C.

Ian and I decided to have dinner in Georgetown tonight as a combination farewell to fall semester and early Christmas celebration, and Ian was in the mood for Mexican food. So, we planned to dine at Alamo Grill on 31st Street between M Street and the canal.

We checked their Web site for hours (it said open til 11 p.m.) and then just to double check, I called about 8:30 and was told 11 p.m., so we walked all the way over to Georgetown, arriving about 9:45.

And they had already closed their kitchen! The manager came over and said basically the same thing, not being particularly sympathetic when I mentioned I'd called for the closing time and had walked all the way over from downtown. I sent him into the kitchen to see what might still be available, but when he returned, he said everything was already put away. He made no invitation to come back another night nor did he offer any kind of discount or free appetizer or something for a next visit as an "apology" for closing over an hour early.

So, my warning to you is not to make any special trips to Georgetown to eat at Alamo Grill.

No comments: