Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Thai Place, Washington, D.C.

Leo and I went to Thai Place for dinner the other night. It's that sort of neighborhood Thai restaurant we've often visited in the West End very close to Foggy Bottom Metro. It isn't a "destination" place, but I've never had any bad or disappointing food here.

Leo had the Thai Place Salad, which has grilled shrimp and salmon in a spicy lime dressing, followed by the "Spicy Fisherman" (shrimp, squid, scallops, and mussels stir-fried in chili sauce), all of which he seemed to enjoy. On the recommendation of our waitress, I had the rama long song, a nice dish of chicken in yellow curry served on a bed of steamed spinach and all topped with peanut sauce and ground peanuts. I liked it a lot, though I think I might have preferred a peanut sauce that was somewhat less sweet.

No comments: