Monday, June 05, 2006

Loeb's Deli, Washington, D.C.

Svet came downtown today and we went to a late lunch at Loeb's Deli on McPherson Square. It's an old style delicatessen where people stand in line to order at a window behind which one can watch his sandwich being made. It's a fairly good sized place with both ample indoor and lots of outdoor seating. The only downsides I found to this place is that it's a little pricey and they don't take plastic.

We both had sandwiches. Svet ordered a cheesesteak sandwich without green peppers and I had the Loeb's Special, which is a corned beef and sauerkraut on rye/white marble bread. Both came with kosher pickle spears. My sandwich had an ample serving of corned beef and the sauerkraut was mild. I also had a little slice of their New York-style cheesecake, which was okay for a deli, though nothing spectacular. I think Svet also had a bottle of vegetable juice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ate there today and had a TERRRRRRRRRIBLE experience. I am an african woman who feels that this place needs JESUS. The customer service in Loebs is the pitts. I will never visit this them again. The last words I heard one of the loebs sons say is ITS A SUBWAY down the street. Well, subway can get my $$ anyday over this so called famous landmark. They need to take a class in customer service/how NOT to discriminate. They could definitely learn a few tips from subway.