Thursday, April 27, 2006

Saigon Saigon, Arlington VA

Last night we went to Pentagon City so pick up a few things and while we were there, Leo showed me where the Saigon Saigon is that Kody and I wandered around looking for unsuccessfully one night (I think we ended up at a French place instead). We had a really good dinner at Saigon Saigon, and I always enjoy this place.

After a huge madberry martini, Leo had some fried spring rolls on a heavily garnished plate for an appetizer, then their Vietnamese version of the traditional Korean dish bi bim bap for his main course. It arrived in a little handled metal pot with the usual egg on top and a little side bowl of both kim chee (rotten cabbage) and barbecue sauce. Of course, since it wasn't the traditional version, Leo didn't like it, but I noticed he ate all of it. Must have been that big martini leading him astray.

I had a house salad, which I expected to be small, but it turned out to be a dinner plate of salad with actual non-lettuce vegetables in it—quite a pleasant surprise. My main course was a delicious yellow curry with large pieces of chicken breast and a side dish of actually fresh and tender white steamed rice.

No pictures this time. I didn't have my camera with me cause I thought we were just going to shop and not eat. I'm sure everybody's happy I'm not slowing down their dial-ups for a change.

No comments: