Friday, March 10, 2006

Ideas for St. Patrick?

stpatrickThe Feast of Saint Patrick is just a week away!

I'm thinking about planning a little St. Patrick's Day party for after the National Symphony concert that night, kind of a late night supper with a little Irish whiskey and stuff, all with authentic Irish food, of course.

And then, as I was looking at my calendar, it occured to me that St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday this year. A Friday in Lent. Eh. That's a problem. What are we supposed to eat? Corned fish and cabbage?

I need some menu idea help, guys! Let's do some brainstorming and come up with a St. Patrick's Day dinner menu that meets the Church's requirements for meatless Fridays in Lent. That means no corned beef, no mutton stew, no boxty with bacon.

And, for those of you in D.C., are there any decent places to get Irish food? We've been to Sin é in Arlington at Pentagon Row, but they don't exactly have an authentic Irish menu there. We're looking for restaurants, not bars that will be packed with thousands of drunken college boys. Last year, we couldn't even get in the doors of any place with a remotely Irish sounding name. Restaurants aren't my preference, but it might have to be my fall-back position.

So, menu suggestions?

No comments: