Wednesday, December 21, 2005

O'Hare Airport, Chicago, IL

Saturday afternoon, I had a three hour layover at O'Hare Airport, so I ate at a Chili's Too, an abbreviated version of the Dallas-based national chain, where they had mostly burgers, sandwiches, salads, and only a handful of other entrees. Wasn't really my preferred choice, but it had the advantage of being one of the few sit-down restaurants, rather than fast food. The waitress recommended against the fish and chips, so I let her pick, and she brought me a Carribbean chicken salad, which was the typical entree salad with sliced chicken breast meat on top, plus some canned pineapple chunks and canned mandarin orange segments. Tasty enough. I was still hungry, though, and still needing to kill time, so I ordered some French fries, which came amazingly quickly, and were actually hot and fresh.

Last night, back at O'Hare on my way home to D.C., I wasn't in the mood for Chili's Too again (different terminal, another restaurant), so I ended up at Quizno's for a decent but messy chicken carbonara sandwich and then a disappointing piece of chocolate chip cheesecake from one of the cart vendors outside the sandwich shop. O'Hare is not one of the better airports for the more discriminating travelling diners.

No comments: