Thursday, March 10, 2005

Sterling's, Bartlesville, OK

Today is my mother's 80th birthday, so I flew to Oklahoma and then drove up to my parents' house to surprise them.

We went to dinner tonight at Sterling's, which is one of the two or three only "nice" places in town, and it's where my parents usually end up for special occasions, since they don't like Copper at the Price Tower and I don't have a membership at the country club anymore. My parents both had ribeye steaks and I had the evening special, which was a rather large filet mignon pepper steak done up with a shallot wine reduction sauce. Salads and baked potatoes came with the meal, as is pretty much traditional around here. With dinner, we drank a bottle of Kendall Jackson Vintner's Reserve Merlot (I forgot the month), which was an innocuous little wine that paired satisfactorily enough with the steaks. Dessert was strawberry cheesecake with a candle stuck in it, and I ordered the apple cranberry pie, which was good, but which would have benefitted greatly from being warmed.

No comments: