Friday, November 19, 2004

Carrabbas, Tulsa, OK

I'm stuffed. I have *got* to start a diet and start going to the gym again! Tony and I met Jake and Trey for cocktails and then went to dinner at Carabbas for a big Italian feast. I'm usually not that big of a Carabbas fan (it's a national chain that originated in Houston), but tonight was actually pretty good. We had a nice bottle of Ducorosso chianti, and shared calimari and mussels for appetizers. After salads, I had a big baseball-cut, medium rare fileto fiorentina that was the best steak I've had all month, which came with some interesting haricots verts style green beans buried in shreds of parmesano reggiano and a really tasty serving of a corkscrew pasta the name of which escapes me in a spicy red sauce. Dessert was a cake covered with fruit and whipped cream (it had a proprietary name, but I don't remember it), and then I had a Chambord with whipped cream and a cappuccino. All very tasty.

No comments: